Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No athletic awards banquets at the High School
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Sports
Jesse B
I heard a rumor that the Athletic Department has decided to stop offering Fall, Winter & Spring sports banquets at the high school. It seems like a shame for this to happen. I can't understand why this would be the case. dry.gif
MCRogers1974
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Feb 23 2013, 06:57 PM) *

I heard a rumor that the Athletic Department has decided to stop offering Fall, Winter & Spring sports banquets at the high school. It seems like a shame for this to happen. I can't understand why this would be the case. dry.gif

Perhaps a budget cut back.
Ang
Well, I can't imagine that would be an excuse. They don't serve food. All it is is handing out letters, and awards. (Or in the case of a certain Jimmy, MCHS's biggest fan... the awarding of an honorary letterman's jacket...I cried that day, it was such a beautiful thing).
So, I'm sure that what you heard was just that....a rumor.
I can not believe they wouldn't have an awards night.
Southsider2k12
It is true. They didn't do a fall one either.
Southsider2k12
I thought the teams did individual banquets.
Grammy515
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Feb 25 2013, 03:08 PM) *

They did a fall one but I don't see where the expenses come in. No food, janitors are on duty in the evening, trophies and letters are going out regardless if you have a banquet or not. Myabe it is just a rumor or maybe it is laziness creeping into the equation.

Laziness crept in when the Athletic Dept or boosters organized the awards ceremony and half the team members don't show up. Most teams do have their own banquet.
Ang
Well, when I worked there, we always had an awards night. I did all the work, and it really wasn't that hard to prepare for. Really. I can't imagine why they would stop.
Guess different people do things differently. But it is pretty sad that the athletes can't have that recognition any more. It's fun to be rewarded for a good job in front of everyone....not just your own teammates.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.