Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2013-2014 Michigan City Wolves Boys and Girls Basketball Schedules
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Sports
Pages: 1, 2, 3
taxthedeer
http://www.johnharrell.net/files/boyslogs212.htm

Boys:

MICHIGAN CITY WOLVES
Coach: John Boyd, 45-43 in 5th year at school, 192-112 in 14th year overall

Nov. 27 at East Chicago Central {4A} 7:30 pm
Nov. 30 at Concord {4A} 6:45 pm
Dec. 7 at Gary West {4A} 7:30 pm
Dec. 10 South Bend Riley {4A} 6:30 pm
Dec. 20 Elkhart Central {4A} 7:00 pm
Dec. 21 Gary Roosevelt {3A} 7:30 pm
Dec. 28 Michigan City Tournament
Jan. 10 Crown Point {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Jan. 17 at Valparaiso {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Jan. 21 at Munster {4A} 7:30 pm
Jan. 24 at LaPorte {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Jan. 25 at South Bend Clay {4A} 7:00 pm
Jan. 31 Portage {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Feb. 1 at Hammond Noll {2A} 7:30 pm
Feb. 7 at Chesterton {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Feb. 8 South Bend Adams {4A} 7:00 pm
Feb. 13 at Lake Central {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Feb. 21 Merrillville {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Feb. 22 at South Bend Washington {4A} 7:00 pm
‡DUNELAND CONFERENCE GAME

http://indianagirlsbasketball.homestead.co...irlslogs211.htm

Girls

MICHIGAN CITY WOLVES
Coach: Mike Megyese, 71-23 in 5th year at school, 276-98 in 17th year overall

Nov. 15 South Bend Adams {4A} 6:30 pm
Nov. 22 Gary Roosevelt {3A} 7:00 pm
Nov. 29 at Portage {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Dec. 3 at South Bend Clay {4A} 6:30 pm
Dec. 6 Chesterton {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Dec. 7 Warsaw {4A} 11:30 am
Dec. 13 Lake Central {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Dec. 19 New Prairie {3A} 7:30 pm
Dec. 20 at Merrillville {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Dec. 27 Valparaiso Tournament
Jan. 3 Elkhart Memorial {4A} 5:30 pm
Jan. 10 Crown Point {4A}‡ 6:00 pm
Jan. 11 Bowman Academy {2A} 7:30 pm
Jan. 17 at Valparaiso {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Jan. 24 at LaPorte {4A}‡ 7:30 pm
Jan. 28 at Gary West {4A} 7:30 pm
Feb. 1 at Hammond Morton {4A} 2:00 pm
Feb. 4 South Bend St. Joseph {3A} 7:00 pm
Feb. 7 South Bend Riley {4A} 6:30 pm
‡DUNELAND CONFERENCE GAME
Southsider2k12
I am going on record as teh first to say it. This will be the year we break the Sectional jinx for boys basketball.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 22 2013, 11:31 AM) *

I am going on record as the first to say it. This will be the year we break the Sectional jinx for boys basketball.

Still have to find a way to beat Merrillville.

So nice to be out of that DAC double round robin.

Glad the holiday tournament's are back.

Nice to see schools from South Bend, Elkhart, Gary, Hammond and East Chicago on the schedule, these other "city" schools are the ones that Michigan City High School needs to be competing with in athletics.

Couldn't help but notice that South Bend Washington has been taken off the girls schedule after they cancelled out on our girls senior night last season.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 22 2013, 12:57 PM) *

So nice to be out of that DAC double round robin.

Glad the holiday tournament's are back.

Nice to see schools from South Bend, Elkhart, Gary, Hammond and East Chicago on the schedule, these other "city" schools are the ones that Michigan City High School needs to be competing with in athletics.

Couldn't help but notice that South Bend Washington has been taken off the girls schedule after they cancelled out on our girls senior night last season.

The Pirates graduated their top 10 players. Read that again.

They return exact zero players from their starting line up, and first five bench players.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 22 2013, 01:29 PM) *

The Pirates graduated their top 10 players. Read that again.

They return exact zero players from their starting line up, and first five bench players. Merrillville has a terrific underclass, lots of kids who haven't made a name for themselves yet.

D.J. Wilkens (The Bucs starting sophomore QB on the football team) is one of the top point guards in the area, another is freshmen James Kirklin Jr. he was one of the boys teammates an the Gary Steelers Jr. Midget team last year, extraordinary athlete.

John Boyd is eight wins away from his 200th career victory. He should make his mark some time in January.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 22 2013, 03:34 PM) *

D.J. Wilkens (The Bucs starting sophomore QB on the football team) is one of the top point guards in the area, another is freshmen James Kirklin Jr. he was one of the boys teammates an the Gary Steelers Jr. Midget team last year, extraordinary athlete.

John Boyd is eight wins away from his 200th career victory. He should make his mark some time in January.

The Pirates always have talent. What they don't have is any players with Varsity basketball experience. In the DAC it is tough to break in one new starter. They have to break in five, plus a new bench.
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Oct 22 2013, 11:31 AM) *

I am going on record as teh first to say it. This will be the year we break the Sectional jinx for boys basketball.

Let's hope so, have the Wolves ever won a sectional, I don't believe so? I think they won conference once but haven't picked up any post-season hardware yet. Hard to believe that if is is true. Any ideas who the starting 5 are going to be for Coach Boyd? Did he uncover any talent for us in Gary to help out? I often wonder what would have happened if they had let Buscher hang around. . .he seemed to want to build character and a program together.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 28 2013, 12:56 PM) *

Let's hope so, have the Wolves ever won a sectional, I don't believe so? I think they won conference once but haven't picked up any post-season hardware yet. Hard to believe that if is is true. Any ideas who the starting 5 are going to be for Coach Boyd? Did he uncover any talent for us in Gary to help out? I often wonder what would have happened if they had let Buscher hang around. . .he seemed to want to build character and a program together.

Speaking strictly of boys basketball, we have never won a sectional title as MCHS.

Boyd has been one had more than a few players move to MC just to play basketball. Ryan Taylor was one. Boyd's son is moving up here this year to play PG, probably starting as a true freshman. There are more in this incoming class, and have been others over the years.

The starting five is in flux, not only because of graduations, but because of Luke Dauer's injury.

Starting five will probably look something like...

Jaronde Boyd
Brad Palowski
Donnie Wilson
ShaQuan Hemphill
Keenan Simmons

Also in the mix could be Michael Smallwood and Java Oliver. When Dauer returns he will be one of the starting guards.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 28 2013, 12:56 PM) *

Also wanted to address Buscher.

I really think the guy was a great basketball mind, he just wasn't a personality fit for MCHS. I actually think Bob was a great X's and O's coach. I think Boyd, with his background, gets where these kids are coming from more than Bob did. That isn't a slam on Buscher, just my observation.

I think the kids really respect and look up to Boyd. He even doubles as a father figure for some of them. I even see kids from his previous teams returning to games and to help out in practices.
Jesse B
This may seem a bit off but as far as a "fit" goes, it seems to me that Boyd would be a better fit for the girls program and Megyese would be a breath of fresh air for the boys program. If I remember right wasn't Earl Cunningham a girls BB coach before he took over the boys program. If I read correctly didn't Joe Otis step down at Valpo to become the girls coach after last season too. Just a thought. Megyese seems to have a little fire to him and appears to be able to relate to all kinds of kids. Successful with the girls from MC and won a state championship with Catholic school girls(SB St. Joe)
Southsider2k12
Apparently Marquette is holding up the transfer of one kid coming back to City to play ball. That is pretty nervy for a school that has built its program poaching kids from other schools. Hello Ritchie Mitchell?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 30 2013, 08:32 PM) *

This may seem a bit off but as far as a "fit" goes, it seems to me that Boyd would be a better fit for the girls program and Megyese would be a breath of fresh air for the boys program. If I remember right wasn't Earl Cunningham a girls BB coach before he took over the boys program. If I read correctly didn't Joe Otis step down at Valpo to become the girls coach after last season too. Just a thought. Megyese seems to have a little fire to him and appears to be able to relate to all kinds of kids. Successful with the girls from MC and won a state championship with Catholic school girls(SB St. Joe)

The Boyd era has been a very good one for City. Go back and look at our recent history.
backwoods
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Oct 22 2013, 11:57 AM) *

I too am glad the round robin is over!

But on the other issue of who we should be playing, shouldn't we want to play the better teams out there? Its nice to beat the Garys and Hammonds, (East Chicago is no cake walk), but when it comes to sectional time we would have been battle tested with hopefully close games and know how to respond or deal with the situation. I think you must have a good mix so that you don't get over confident by playing an easier schedule and get a shock in sectionals. Its not like football where the wear and tear of playing bigger schools is harder because of injuries and depth. I think Boyd has done a good job of getting a good mixture of schools in here with their own strengths and weaknesses. It really pays off at the end of the season.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(backwoods @ Nov 11 2013, 03:27 PM) *

I too am glad the round robin is over!

But on the other issue of who we should be playing, shouldn't we want to play the better teams out there? Its nice to beat the Garys and Hammonds, (East Chicago is no cake walk), but when it comes to sectional time we would have been battle tested with hopefully close games and know how to respond or deal with the situation. I think you must have a good mix so that you don't get over confident by playing an easier schedule and get a shock in sectionals. Its not like football where the wear and tear of playing bigger schools is harder because of injuries and depth. I think Boyd has done a good job of getting a good mixture of schools in here with their own strengths and weaknesses. It really pays off at the end of the season.

Year in and year out we have the toughest schedule in the DAC. There isn't a gimme on the OOC schedule.
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 2 2013, 12:18 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Oct 30 2013, 08:32 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
The Boyd era has been a very good one for City. Go back and look at our recent history.

I did and I still don't see a DAC crown or sectional title.
Southsider2k12
My preseason DAC picks.

Lake Central
Michigan City
Merrillville
LaPorte
Valpo
Chesterton
Crown Point
Portage
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 19 2013, 04:18 PM) *

My preseason DAC picks.

Lake Central
Michigan City
Merrillville
LaPorte
Valpo
Chesterton
Crown Point
Portage

I think you are putting Crown Point and Chesterton down way too far and the Wolves up way too high. It was my understanding that Luke Daurer is gone for much of the season and you will be starting a freshman guard. If this is true who is your scorer if Keenan Simmons gets in foul trouble?

Chesterton has Teal, Palombizo, Rustboldt and depth. CP has height, I think I saw 4 guys on the roster of 6'7" or taller. LP has the guard back and Gage Ott. Merrillville is young but athletic and a good coach. Valpo is inexperienced and Portage is not a basketball school, put those two near the bottom with MC 4th or 5th.

Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 19 2013, 06:30 PM) *

I think you are putting Crown Point and Chesterton down way too far and the Wolves up way too high. It was my understanding that Luke Daurer is gone for much of the season and you will be starting a freshman guard. If this is true who is your scorer if Keenan Simmons gets in foul trouble?

Chesterton has Teal, Palombizo, Rustboldt and depth. CP has height, I think I saw 4 guys on the roster of 6'7" or taller. LP has the guard back and Gage Ott. Merrillville is young but athletic and a good coach. Valpo is inexperienced and Portage is not a basketball school, put those two near the bottom with MC 4th or 5th.

Crown Point was 2-12 last year, and lost Bardeson, Rice, and Nickla. They have some size, but no shooting or guard play.

City does have Simmons back, Dauer is supposed to be back around the first of the year, and they also have Miller back around that time from Marquette. The freshman guard was one of the best 8th graders in Indy. They also have a decent supporting cast back.

Chesterton losing Holba will really hurt them. They have no inside scoring now.

Merrillville graduated their top 10 players. Valpo graduated their top 6 or 7. They are both going to go through some serious growing pains, even if they can replace all of the talent they lost.
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 19 2013, 07:07 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 19 2013, 06:30 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Crown Point was 2-12 last year, and lost Bardeson, Rice, and Nickla. They have some size, but no shooting or guard play.

City does have Simmons back, Dauer is supposed to be back around the first of the year, and they also have Miller back around that time from Marquette. The freshman guard was one of the best 8th graders in Indy. They also have a decent supporting cast back.

Chesterton losing Holba will really hurt them. They have no inside scoring now.

Merrillville graduated their top 10 players. Valpo graduated their top 6 or 7. They are both going to go through some serious growing pains, even if they can replace all of the talent they lost.

I heard rumors that Daurer may not be back until late February. Also, did Miller play at Marquette or are we confusing his talents with that of his sister. "One of the best 8th graders in Indy" doesn't mean he won't struggle as a 9th grader in the conference. With all that being said 4th place is a good fit for the Wolves if they can gel as a team.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 20 2013, 02:03 PM) *

I heard rumors that Daurer may not be back until late February. Also, did Miller play at Marquette or are we confusing his talents with that of his sister. "One of the best 8th graders in Indy" doesn't mean he won't struggle as a 9th grader in the conference. With all that being said 4th place is a good fit for the Wolves if they can gel as a team.

You might have better info on Dauer. I'll find out more tonight. Regardless, Luke is about the #3 weapon at best when healthy.

Miller did play at Marquette, but he was another guy poached from the public schools.
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 20 2013, 02:20 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 20 2013, 02:03 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
You might have better info on Dauer. I'll find out more tonight. Regardless, Luke is about the #3 weapon at best when healthy.

Miller did play at Marquette, but he was another guy poached from the public schools.

I am curious to know who you think would be bigger weapons? Simmons is obvious but who else is a scorer?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 21 2013, 01:12 PM) *

I am curious to know who you think would be bigger weapons? Simmons is obvious but who else is a scorer?

Hemphill took a big leap in his game this year. He is going to be much more of a scorer this year.
taxthedeer
Happy Birthday today to Coach John Boyd. biggrin.gif
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 21 2013, 01:28 PM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 21 2013, 01:12 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Hemphill took a big leap in his game this year. He is going to be much more of a scorer this year.

Also worth mentioning is that this is a REALLY good freshman class. I am in awe of this group. There are some freak athletes and tons of potential in this group. If Boyd wasn't starting at PG, Troy Jones would be. He has a college PG body already. There are about five freshman who could be starting for a lot of teams. Some of the kids are already on varsity, a few more on JV>
Southsider2k12
Parkhouse's take on the intrasquad.

http://www.thenewsdispatch.com/articles/20...29492515435.txt
Southsider2k12
2013-2014 Wolves basketball preview
The Wolves saw graduation take a chunk out of their starting line-up. City’s leading scorer Ryan Taylor has moved on to prep school in an effort to move into Division 1 basketball. The Wolves also saw the graduation of starters Lacy Johnson and Asante Clark, plus Corey Workman off of the bench crew. Despite a rash of injuries that saw as many as four starters out at certain points of the season, the Wolves finished with their 4th straight season of double digit wins for the first time since the first six years after consolidation, in a season that very legitimately could have had 13 or 14 wins with some better health.

This season sees a lot of talent return, and a big influx of young talent coming into the fold. The Wolves will be led by four year varsity player, and Division 1 commit, Keenan Simmons. Simmons returns after averaging a double/ double last year, plus leading the DAC with his three blocks per game. The most amazing stat from Simmons is that he also ranked second on the team in steals per game, trailing only Clark. Simmons will anchor the back line of the defense, erasing any mistakes, and facing all of the great centers the DAC has to offer one on one. Rumor has it that Simmons also returns to his senior season with a new found jumpshot, which would open up the Wolves offense as it wouldn’t allow defenses to sag off of him into the lane any longer.

The name to watch this year is ShaQuan Hemphill. Hemphill was elevated from the freshman team after the first few games of the season due to injuries, but never left the rotation after he got to the varsity squad. Hemphill returns an inch taller, and having put on some visible muscle weight over the summer. He also came in with a new found sense of confidence as he dominated both his AAU team and the floor during the Wolves intrasquad game. Hemphill demonstrated a quick first step to the basket, and a nice intermediate jumpshot during the intrasquad.

Also returning for the Wolves are seniors Donnie Wilson, Java Oliver, and Shayne Barron. Wilson will be the starting small forward this year and a stabilizing influence on the floor. Wilson will also some responsibility for offensive flow with a very young backcourt. Oliver will contribute the same way he has on the football field by playing at full intensity on every play, and leaving his five fouls on the floor. A physical presence he will see plenty of match ups against the DAC’s big men. Barron will also contribute off of the bench as an energy guy to come in and bang the boards and on defense.

The starting shooting guard for the beginning of the season at least will be Junior Brad Pawloski. Pawolski is another in a long line of pure shooters to come through Michigan City. Since coming into the program as a freshman, Brad has grown a few inches, and has honed his touch from the outside. He will be counted on to stretch defenses while on the floor.

Starting at Point Guard will be true freshman Jaronde Boyd. If the name sounds familiar, yes it is the son of Coach Boyd. The younger Boyd, while small in size and stature, comes with the reputation of being a cool floor general. Coach Boyd said he didn’t want to start him right away, but between injuries and the talent of his son, he was forced to do so by the rest of his coaching staff.

The Wolves will also see an influx of experienced talent as the season goes on. Senior Luke Dauer broke his ankle and had major surgery to repair the injury, and is expected to be out until at least 2014, but probably more like February. Dauer took a major step forward last year when injuries forced him from a supporting role into a starting and scoring role. Dauer also saw time as the primary ballhandler. Also entering the fray after the start of the season will be Junior Michael Miller. Miller’s sister a four year starter for the girl’s team, and transferred back from Marquette to rejoin City. Miller is being forced to sit out because of that transfer (allegedly due to pressure from Marquette), but will also provide scoring and ballhandling when he joins the team.

Michael Smallwood also returns this year for the Wolves, and again will be providing minutes on the front line for City. Smallwood is another one of City’s long and lean athletes who can jump out of the gym.

Past that group, Michigan City has some amazing freshmen entering the fold. This is the most talented freshmen class that I can remember for a really long time at City. Past Boyd, the varsity roster currently includes, Kelston Haden, Troy Jones, and Tyler Games. If it weren’t for Jaronde Boyd starting at PG, it is hard to imagine Troy Jones not being that guy. Jones is athletic and well-built for a PG, and has an explosive first step. Haden will provide depth in the back court, and Games will give size and minutes to the front line as needed. Don’t be surprised if Jones and Games both take minutes from upperclassmen as the season roles on. Both have a lot of talent and ability. They will be mainstays in the system in the future.

Even the JV team includes some great athletes. Remember the names Cevin Crawford, Daniel Armstrong, and Jerome Watts. They could factor into the varsity this year if needed due to injuries or the like. If not, they will make noise in subsequent seasons.

My predictions for the 2013-14 team are for them to finish around 12-8 overall and 5-2 in the DAC, good for second place. I also believe this year is the year they breakthrough and win a sectional title.
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Nov 27 2013, 02:36 PM) *

2013-2014 Wolves basketball preview
The Wolves saw graduation take a chunk out of their starting line-up. City’s leading scorer Ryan Taylor has moved on to prep school in an effort to move into Division 1 basketball. The Wolves also saw the graduation of starters Lacy Johnson and Asante Clark, plus Corey Workman off of the bench crew. Despite a rash of injuries that saw as many as four starters out at certain points of the season, the Wolves finished with their 4th straight season of double digit wins for the first time since the first six years after consolidation, in a season that very legitimately could have had 13 or 14 wins with some better health.

This season sees a lot of talent return, and a big influx of young talent coming into the fold. The Wolves will be led by four year varsity player, and Division 1 commit, Keenan Simmons. Simmons returns after averaging a double/ double last year, plus leading the DAC with his three blocks per game. The most amazing stat from Simmons is that he also ranked second on the team in steals per game, trailing only Clark. Simmons will anchor the back line of the defense, erasing any mistakes, and facing all of the great centers the DAC has to offer one on one. Rumor has it that Simmons also returns to his senior season with a new found jumpshot, which would open up the Wolves offense as it wouldn’t allow defenses to sag off of him into the lane any longer.

The name to watch this year is ShaQuan Hemphill. Hemphill was elevated from the freshman team after the first few games of the season due to injuries, but never left the rotation after he got to the varsity squad. Hemphill returns an inch taller, and having put on some visible muscle weight over the summer. He also came in with a new found sense of confidence as he dominated both his AAU team and the floor during the Wolves intrasquad game. Hemphill demonstrated a quick first step to the basket, and a nice intermediate jumpshot during the intrasquad.

Also returning for the Wolves are seniors Donnie Wilson, Java Oliver, and Shayne Barron. Wilson will be the starting small forward this year and a stabilizing influence on the floor. Wilson will also some responsibility for offensive flow with a very young backcourt. Oliver will contribute the same way he has on the football field by playing at full intensity on every play, and leaving his five fouls on the floor. A physical presence he will see plenty of match ups against the DAC’s big men. Barron will also contribute off of the bench as an energy guy to come in and bang the boards and on defense.

The starting shooting guard for the beginning of the season at least will be Junior Brad Pawloski. Pawolski is another in a long line of pure shooters to come through Michigan City. Since coming into the program as a freshman, Brad has grown a few inches, and has honed his touch from the outside. He will be counted on to stretch defenses while on the floor.

Starting at Point Guard will be true freshman Jaronde Boyd. If the name sounds familiar, yes it is the son of Coach Boyd. The younger Boyd, while small in size and stature, comes with the reputation of being a cool floor general. Coach Boyd said he didn’t want to start him right away, but between injuries and the talent of his son, he was forced to do so by the rest of his coaching staff.

The Wolves will also see an influx of experienced talent as the season goes on. Senior Luke Dauer broke his ankle and had major surgery to repair the injury, and is expected to be out until at least 2014, but probably more like February. Dauer took a major step forward last year when injuries forced him from a supporting role into a starting and scoring role. Dauer also saw time as the primary ballhandler. Also entering the fray after the start of the season will be Junior Michael Miller. Miller’s sister a four year starter for the girl’s team, and transferred back from Marquette to rejoin City. Miller is being forced to sit out because of that transfer (allegedly due to pressure from Marquette), but will also provide scoring and ballhandling when he joins the team.

Michael Smallwood also returns this year for the Wolves, and again will be providing minutes on the front line for City. Smallwood is another one of City’s long and lean athletes who can jump out of the gym.

Past that group, Michigan City has some amazing freshmen entering the fold. This is the most talented freshmen class that I can remember for a really long time at City. Past Boyd, the varsity roster currently includes, Kelston Haden, Troy Jones, and Tyler Games. If it weren’t for Jaronde Boyd starting at PG, it is hard to imagine Troy Jones not being that guy. Jones is athletic and well-built for a PG, and has an explosive first step. Haden will provide depth in the back court, and Games will give size and minutes to the front line as needed. Don’t be surprised if Jones and Games both take minutes from upperclassmen as the season roles on. Both have a lot of talent and ability. They will be mainstays in the system in the future.

Even the JV team includes some great athletes. Remember the names Cevin Crawford, Daniel Armstrong, and Jerome Watts. They could factor into the varsity this year if needed due to injuries or the like. If not, they will make noise in subsequent seasons.

My predictions for the 2013-14 team are for them to finish around 12-8 overall and 5-2 in the DAC, good for second place. I also believe this year is the year they breakthrough and win a sectional title.

Any word on how the Wolves did against a solid EC Central team tonight? I like the optimistic view SS, you did having me laughing with the one comment. I will have to see it to believe it though. Can they be good. . .sure, the question is they have as many questions marks as quite a few of the other teams in the sectional and conference and a lot of things have to fall into place for them.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 27 2013, 10:14 PM) *

Any word on how the Wolves did against a solid EC Central team tonight? I like the optimistic view SS, you did having me laughing with the one comment. I will have to see it to believe it though. Can they be good. . .sure, the question is they have as many questions marks as quite a few of the other teams in the sectional and conference and a lot of things have to fall into place for them.

EC 87, City 72 FINAL
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Nov 27 2013, 10:14 PM) *

They got out to a really bad start tonight, down 30-11 after one. They battled back to as close as 7 in the 3rd, but didn't have enough to come back against ECC.
Southsider2k12
Also worth noting they got 20 points last night out of Boyd and Jones (the freshmen guards)
Jesse B
Any news of how the Wolves are doing at Gary West? I know they had a nice football team this year are they supposed to be any good in basketball this season.

I also saw the latest poll had 4 DAC teams receiving votes:

Lake Central
Crown Point
Merrillville
Chesterton

Go Wolves
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Dec 7 2013, 08:10 PM) *

Any news of how the Wolves are doing at Gary West? I know they had a nice football team this year are they supposed to be any good in basketball this season.

Lake Central
Crown Point
Merrillville
Chesterton

Go Wolves

Much like EC, they got down early, rallied, and couldn't quite make it. They did tie the game late, but lost by five. First home game is Tuesday.
Jesse B
Hopefully the Wolves can pick up a win tonight against SB Riley.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Dec 10 2013, 08:15 PM) *

Nice win last night. They got up big early (30-8 about 2 min into the 2nd Q) and held on late. Simmons finally had a big night with 22-12-2 blocks and 2 steals.
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Dec 11 2013, 07:11 AM) *

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse B @ Dec 10 2013, 08:15 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Nice win last night. They got up big early (30-8 about 2 min into the 2nd Q) and held on late. Simmons finally had a big night with 22-12-2 blocks and 2 steals.

Nice 1st win, hopefully they can string a few more together.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Dec 11 2013, 02:06 PM) *

Nice 1st win, hopefully they can string a few more together.

This is a team that is going to get much better as the season goes on. With the injuries, they are starting two freshmen and a sophomore. They are supposed to get back Palowksi next game. Dauer is supposed to be back sometime next year. Mike Miller will be in after Jan 1 too. That will help a ton.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jesse B @ Dec 7 2013, 08:10 PM) *

Lake Central
Crown Point
Merrillville
Chesterton

Go Wolves

Turns out West Side had an ineligible transfer player and is forfeiting this game to City. MC is now 2-1.
Southsider2k12
City with a nice 68-54 win over Elkhart Central tonight at the Den.

The win moves the MCHS Wolves to 3-1 on the season. They were led by 26 points, 15 rebounds, and 4 blocks by Keenan Simmons. They got 11 from Hemphill, 9 from Donnie Wilson, plus 8 out of both Pawloski and Barron off of the bench. Oliver, Boyd, and Troy Jones all kicked in 2 each.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Dec 20 2013, 09:15 PM) *

The win moves the MCHS Wolves to 3-1 on the season. They were led by 26 points, 15 rebounds, and 4 blocks by Keenan Simmons. They got 11 from Hemphill, 9 from Donnie Wilson, plus 8 out of both Pawloski and Barron off of the bench. Oliver, Boyd, and Troy Jones all kicked in 2 each.

Girls lose 73-41 @ Merrillville last night. OUCH!
Jesse B
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Dec 20 2013, 09:15 PM) *

Let's hope the Wolves and beat the Velt' tonight too.
Southsider2k12
With the 67-64 win over Gary Roosevelt the Michigan City Wolves boys basketball team runs their mark to 4-1 on the season. The Wolves were led tonight by senior Keenan Simmons who for the third straight game stuffed the statsheet with 34 points, 15 rebounds 4 blocks, 2 assists, and 3 steals. For the rest of the Wolves Donnie Wilson contributed 9 points, 3 rebounds, and 4 assists. Troy Jones had 6 points including 5 rebounds and 4 huge free throws in the last minutes of the game to ice it. ShanQuan Hemphill had 6 points, Jaronde Boyd had 5, Shayne Barron 4, Java Oliver 2, and Brad Pawloski 1.

Simmons averages over the last 3 games, 27.3 pts, 13.7 rbs, 3.3 blocks per game.
Southsider2k12
Even before Saturday nights win vs Gary Roosevelt, the computers have Michigan City rated as the #60 team in the state of Indiana, out of 417 teams. They are#2 in the DAC, behind Lake Central (rated #5 overall), and ahead of Chesterton by 5 spots (#65). Laporte is rated #79 so far. Within Sectional 2, Michigan City is the highest rated team by the Sagarin Computers.

Also worth mentioning is that City has played the #35 toughest schedule so far this year, which is by FAR the toughest of any DAC or Duneland team to this point. The closest is LaPorte at #67 and Lake Central at #91.
UnderTheLights
A really bad lost to La Porte in the championship game. The wolves looked confused the whole game on both sides (offense and defense) . The first game that they barely won against was bad also. If Chesterton that #10 kid that wasn't hurt on the bench, Chesterton would of easy won by 10+ points. They better pick it up if they want to win the sectional this year that is all I'm saying, or it will be another disappointing season in the den.
Southsider2k12
#Keenan Simmons4IndianaAllStar

http://thenewsdispatch.com/articles/2013/1...a2075829520.txt
Southsider2k12
City 54 Concord 49. MCHS 6-2 on the season. Simmons with 26.
Southsider2k12
City with the win over Crown Point 58-48. Simmons finishes with 26/12/4. City now 7-2 and 1-0 in DAC.
Southsider2k12
MCHS is now officially off to their best ever start post consolidation. After a 52-47 win in Valpo they sit at 8-2 on the season and 2-0 in the DAC. City was led by Brad Pawloskis career high 18 points which all came from 3 point range.
Southsider2k12
Luke Dauer was medically cleared today and will be back for the Munster game.
Southsider2k12
The Munster game has been postponed until tomorrow.
Southsider2k12
City was within one at the half, and then fell apart in the second half losing to Munster 65-41. Friday is revenge night against LaPorte.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.