Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: taxthedeer commetary: New ISHAA basketball format greatly increases odds of MC winning sectional
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Sports
taxthedeer
In October, IHSAA officials will vote on a basketball tourney (I assume for both boys and girls) proposal that will put the largest 64 schools in a "new 4A" that will have 16 sectionals with four teams at each site. This will be a day/night format similar to regional

City's new sectional field would include:

Michigan City
Valpo
Portage
Chesterton

If I were coach Boyd and coach Megyese I would be licking my chops because City should actually be able beat those guys.

Southsider2k12
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 10 2014, 01:07 PM) *

In October, IHSAA officials will vote on a basketball tourney (I assume for both boys and girls) proposal that will put the largest 64 schools in a "new 4A" that will have 16 sectionals with four teams at each site. This will be a day/night format similar to regional

City's new sectional field would include:

Michigan City
Valpo
Portage
Chesterton

If I were coach Boyd and coach Megyese I would be licking my chops because City should actually be able beat those guys.

I agree with that assessment, though I would be sad to see a sectional without LaPorte.
backwoods
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 10 2014, 03:20 PM) *

I agree with that assessment, though I would be sad to see a sectional without LaPorte.

I agree with this 100%
taxthedeer
La Porte would go with Penn, Mishawaka and South Bend Adams
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 10 2014, 09:00 PM) *

La Porte would go with Penn, Mishawaka and South Bend Adams

That also stinks for them. They lose all of their historical rivals.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 11 2014, 03:23 PM) *

That also stinks for them. They lose all of their historical rivals.
They also lose a nice gate. Only time I play 50/50 is when City plays La Porte. I put $20.00 knowing it is big jackpot night.

It always seems the people who no longer achieve greatness and never establish the traditions of champions don't want reminders of people who actually did great things. Relieves the pressure of mediocrity or even worse-failure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.