Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: taxthedeer's plea to Michigan City
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Sports
taxthedeer
I would like to strongly encourage all Michigan City fans go out and support the team at their away games as well as their remaining home games. The MCHS have not won an away game over the past four seasons and needs everybody's support away from the friendly confines of Ames Field. Friday night the team travels to School Field in South Bend to take on the South Bend Washington Panthers. Kickoff is at 6:30pm Michigan City time. City also has upcoming away games at Chesterton, Merrillville and Portage. Please come out on Friday night and support your Wolves both home and away this season. Looking forward to seeing all of Michigan City in South Bend Friday night. GO WOLVES!!!
Jesse B
The Wolves should win Friday as SB Washington hasn't won any game since they last beat the Wolves in 2012. I think they have lost 18 in a row.
taxthedeer
Key to the Wolves succes this Friday night is just simply play disciplined and penalty free football. In the past this series has been marred with penalties on both teams.

Reading the recaps in the South Bend Tribune and Elkhart Truth of the SBW - Concord game last week there was a total of 29 penalties for 230 yards for both teams. Concord was only winning 9-6 midway though the 3rd quarter until they pulled away late. Concord was the team that made it to the 5A northern semi-state last season.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/hig...17a43b2370.html

High school football: Concord rolls past Panthers

Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 5:37 am

DUNLAP -- Washington broke out to a first-quarter lead before host Concord stormed back to take a 29-6 win over the Panthers in a penalty-filled high school football contest on Friday night.

Washington's Tyler White hit Christian Campbell on a 24-yard pass late in the first quarter to give the Panthers the lead.

However, the Minutemen, ranked sixth in Class 5-A, came back to tie it on a Cullen Fisher touchdown pass, then took the lead for good on a 21-yard field goal by Ryan Tepe just before halftime.

Fisher then threw two more touchdown passes, both to Jerrell Poindexter, in the third quarter before Matt Fragle wrapped up the scoring in the final quarter on a 1-yard run.

Fisher finished 14-of-23 for 175 yards and the three scores. Poindexter caught seven passes for 126 yards.

White completed 14 of 25 passes for 180 yards.

The Panthers were held to 16 yards rushing.

At Dunlap

Washington 6 0 0 0 -6
Concord 0 9 13 7 - 29

W - Christian Campbell 24 pass from Tyler White (kick failed)

C - Jake Wirt 9 pass from Cullen Fisher (kick failed)

C - Ryan Tepe 21 field goal

C - Jerrell Pointdexter 13 pass from Fisher; (Tepe kick)

C - Pointdexter 64 pass from Fisher (kick failed)

C - Matt Fragale 1 run (Tepe kick)

Wash Concord
First downs 9 17
Rushing yards 16 123
Passing yards 210 175
Fumbles lost 0 0
Penalties 14-115 15-115

http://www.elkharttruth.com/sports/high-sc...o-29-6-win.html

Pointdexter leads Concord to 29-6 win over South Bend Washington

Cullen Fisher throws three touchdown passes in his first start.

Jarrell Pointdexter #14 2014 Concord returning letter winners (J. Tyler Klassen / The Elkhart Truth)Ken Fox
Posted on Aug. 22, 2014 at 11:16 p.m.

DUNLAP — Senior wide receiver Jerrell Pointdexter scored two spectacular second half touchdowns to lead Concord to a 29-6 opening-night victory over South Bend Washington in a non-conference football matchup on Friday, Aug. 22.

With the Minutemen leading 9-6 midway through the third quarter, Pointdexter took a screen pass from quarterback Cullen Fisher in traffic, bounced to the outside and beat the Washington secondary for a 13-yard touchdown pass to push Concord up 16-6.

On Concord’s next possession, Pointdexter took a quick swing pass from Cullen 65 yards for a score that broke the Panthers’ back. In his first career start, Fisher tossed three touchown passes.

“No one has practiced in the kind of heat we saw tonight, which is what makes football such a funny game at times,” Concord coach Tim Dawson said. “We didn’t play well in the first half and you have to give Washington a lot of credit for that. But I was proud of the way our kids came out in the third quarter and set the tone. I thought our offensive and defensive lines took over in the second half.”

The game featured 29 penalties for 230 yards.

Concord 29, SB Washington 6

Scoring by Quarters

Washington 6 0 0 0 — 6
Concord 0 9 13 7 — 29

School — Scoring Play

First Quarter

W — Christian Campbell 24 pass from Tyler White (kick failed), 1:08.

Second Quarter

C — Jake Wirt 9 pass from Cullen Fisher (kick failed), 9:18.
C — Ryan Tepe 21 field goal 5:40.

Third Quarter

C — Jerrell Pointdexter 13 pass from Fisher; (Tepe kick), 4:46.
C — Pointdexter 64 pass from Cullen (kick failed), 1:44.

Fourth Quarter
C — Matt Fragale 1 run (Tepe kick), 5:13.

Team Statistics Wa Co

Net yards rushing 16 123
Net yards passing 210 175
Total Yards 226 308
First Downs 9 17
Fumbles-Lost 2-0 0-0
Penalties 14-115 15-115
Individual Leaders

Washington: Rushing — Torreq Rice 5-17. Passing — Tyler White 14-25-180, Tyrese Belcher 1-1-30. Receiving — Rice 3-93, Deonne Witherspoon 7-43, Antwon Ivery 5-50.

Concord: Rushing — Matt Fragale 15-73, Brandon Thomas 7-32. Passing — Cullen Fisher 14-23-175. Receiving — Jerrell Pointdexter 7-126, Jace Krull 1-16, Jake Wirt 1-9.

Interceptions: Washington — Jalen Lee. Concord — Daniel Williams.

Southsider2k12
For City it is always the trenches. They have to be strong on both lines if they are going to win games.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Aug 26 2014, 09:37 AM) *

For City it is always the trenches. They have to be strong on both lines if they are going to win games.

Defense has to be prepared to stop the passing game. Last Friday against Concord the Panthers ran 30 offensive plays and only ran the ball 5 times for 17 yards. Kind of goes to figure as SBW's head coach is a former 4 year Notre Dame wide receiver under Bob Davie.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 26 2014, 10:53 AM) *

Defense has to be prepared to stop the passing game. Last Friday against Concord the Panthers ran 30 offensive plays and only ran the ball 5 times for 17 yards. Kind of goes to figure as SBW's head coach is a former 4 year Notre Dame wide receiver under Bob Davie. I wonder if Washington's RB Torreq Rice is the son of former Irish QB Tony Rice. I know when the boys played Pop Warner they played a couple of times against a team from South Bend which one of the members was the son of former ND basketball star and NBA player La Phonso Ellis.

outsider
Rice kids all went and still go to Marian. Eldest Rice is a sophomore wide receiver at Central Michigan. The Rice kids you refer to are not related.
outsider
LaPhonso Ellis' kids went to East Bellville HS in Illinois.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(outsider @ Aug 26 2014, 01:47 PM) *

LaPhonso Ellis' kids went to East Bellville HS in Illinois.
I had the honor of meeting ND men's basketball coach Mike Brey at the 2006 Michigan City basketball regional when Penn beat East Chicago in the day game and Valpo in the championship. Coach Brey was their to watch his son Kyle play for Penn.
outsider
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ Aug 26 2014, 01:47 PM) *

I had the honor of meeting ND men's basketball coach Mike Brey at the 2006 Michigan City basketball regional when Penn beat East Chicago in the day game and Valpo in the championship. Coach Brey was their to watch his son Kyle play for Penn.

I think Kyle went on to play football as a MAC school. Last I heard he was on the coaching staff at Kansas under fat guy.
taxthedeer
Stormy weather in the forecast tomorrow. If fans choose not to travel to/from South Bend tomorrow because of bad weather that is perfectly understandable. For me it will be a 2 hour before game time decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.