Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TV thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City at rest
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Southsider2k12
For anyone who wants to share, I figured this would be a great place to talk about TV...

Today's obvious topic is the ending of the Sopranos... Love it or hate it?
JHeath
I didn't catch the ending, but the people running this site think Tony is ba-da-bing...gone.
Take a peek: www.tonyisdead.com

Roger Kaputnik
No cable; won't miss what I have never seen!
Ang
I, for one, am so looking foward to the new season of Nip/Tuck, only I think they're going to call it McNamara/Troy-Hollywood. The bad thing is that it doesn't come on here until 11 p.m. Thank goodness for DVR's. I love whoever invented those things!
Southsider2k12
How about LOST! Anyone else a fan?
Roger Kaputnik
Administrator: Is it possible to separate this as a subcategory so each show could have its own thread?
Ang
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jun 14 2007, 06:23 AM) *

How about LOST! Anyone else a fan?

I wasn't able to watch that because when it first came out it was on the same time as 24, and I'm going to marry Kiefer Sutherland someday wink.gif I have the DVR now, but the show has been on so long that I wouldn't know what's going on. I would like to get it on DVD because I think I would like it.
Southsider2k12
Rent the first couple seasons on DVD, you will fall in love with it. It is the most addicting show on television today.

QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jun 14 2007, 10:51 AM) *

Administrator: Is it possible to separate this as a subcategory so each show could have its own thread?

We can. I figured I would try this out as a big thread, and if there was more interest in specifc shows, we could separate them out for their own threads. To be honest, I didn't know if there was enough interest for anything more than a general thread.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(JHeath @ Jun 12 2007, 03:34 PM) *

I didn't catch the ending, but the people running this site think Tony is ba-da-bing...gone.
Take a peek: www.tonyisdead.com

There was an article today on MSNBC that this theory is gaining "acceptance" whatever that means.
Southsider2k12
My Name is Earl and The Office season premiers are tonight! cool.gif
RedDevilMC
I am a fan of LOST. I can't wait until the new season. Jack made the wrong decision. I watched the season premier of Bionic Women. I use to be a comic book fanatic, so I love anything super hero like or sci-fi.
Southsider2k12
I can't wait for LOST! to start again. I watch baseball for most of the year, so now that it is ending, its a god-send that my other favorite shows are back on.
mcstumper
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Sep 27 2007, 03:21 PM) *

I can't wait for LOST! to start again. I watch baseball for most of the year, so now that it is ending, its a god-send that my other favorite shows are back on.

Is Lost starting soon or is going to be like 24 and not start until after the New Year? I love the show, but I have to admit that the last season finale was a letdown.

Our DVR is set on Survivor, CSI (Las Vegas), the Office, 24 and Lost.
Southsider2k12
Lost starts again in Feb08 mad.gif, and runs 16 straight weeks until May.
Southsider2k12
Anyone else watching the new ABC show Pushing Daisies? I really like this show so far. It is a peculiar show, with a sort of Dr Suess cast of characters and narration. It is definately different from anything else I have seen on TV. If are bored with most TV, check it out.
JHeath
I don't watch too much TV, but this show does look interesting...from what I've seen on the commercials.

When does it air?
Southsider2k12
Wed nites on ABC at 7pm.

Its the one new show that really got my attention. The rest of them seem to be more of the same.
JHeath
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Oct 18 2007, 12:57 PM) *

Wed nites on ABC at 7pm.

Its the one new show that really got my attention. The rest of them seem to be more of the same.

Cool. I'll look for it next week and will let you know what I think. Do they broadcast this one online like they do with some of the other shows?
Ang
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Oct 18 2007, 11:57 AM) *

Wed nites on ABC at 7pm.

Ooops. That might leave me out. Ghost Hunters comes on then. I'll check my listing for Wed and if it comes on at 6 or 8 I might get to watch it. Our programming here is a little funny. Because of the time difference we sometimes have programming based on Eastern time, sometimes Pacific time, and sometimes it's two hours after Eastern time. So, if it says 7 for eastern time, it will be on at 7 here, which would be 9 Eastern time. I LIVE for the preview guide!
Roger Kaputnik
I am hooked on The Shield.
RedDevilMC
Me too but we changed our package and couldn't get it. They now show the 2006 season on WGN, so I'm playing catch up.

I like the new Bionic Women. I use to watch the Bionic Woman and Man as a kid. I'm hooked on all of the super hero stuff.
Southsider2k12
Another one of my favorites starts new this week for its final season... Scrubs is back!!!
Ang
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Oct 22 2007, 11:26 AM) *

I am hooked on The Shield.

Has the new season started?!?! Gosh, I surely hope not cause I love that show too. I've been watching it faithfully since the first episode. It doesn't come on here until 11:00 pm so I have it set to record on the trusty DVR.
Roger Kaputnik
As you may surmise, I do not have cable tv, so I catch the reruns on WGN. I think they just played episode 4 of the 2006 season. No spoilers, please.
Southsider2k12
"The Office" is way better in a half hour format versus the whole hour episodes they have been doing. Plus its really nice to see "Scrubs" back on the air.
Roger Kaputnik
Haven't seen either.

Ang
I watched about 5 minutes of The Office and my eyes and ears started bleeding. Had to change the channel quick!
Scrubs is okay, but slightly overrated IMO.

I've been watching Two and a half Men and that show cracks me up. I'm not a big fan of Charlie Sheen (I met him in person in Spain when he was filming that Navy Seal movie and didn't like him). But that show is hilarious! OMG, I laugh so hard sometimes.
Roger Kaputnik
The problem with many, many shows is that the jokes are very predictable. I don't know about you, but we were funnier in jr hi than most shows are.
Dave
I've been watching Pushing Daisies as well. I'm not sure if I like it yet.

You can see it online at

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

I've also been watching the NBC series Chuck and Bionic Woman (both online as well. Who needs a TV?)
Southsider2k12
I have caught Chuck a few times, and I have to say the show is going on me.
RexKickass
Chicago area TV gone by....

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv

Fast becoming my favorite site online.
Southsider2k12
LOST! starts January 31st! cool.gif
Dave
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jan 19 2008, 01:17 PM) *

LOST! starts January 31st! cool.gif

and the whole series is online at ABC's website! I'm about halfway through season 1 right now....
Roger Kaputnik
WGN got through season 5, I think, of The Shield. I am gonna have to go to that website to see the next season. They started over.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Dave @ Jan 20 2008, 04:28 PM) *

and the whole series is online at ABC's website! I'm about halfway through season 1 right now....

Are you addicted yet? I got hooked quick, watching the first season on DVD after my first child was born.
Southsider2k12
Anyone else going to watch "Life after People" tonight on the history channel?
Tim
QUOTE(RexKickass @ Nov 23 2007, 05:45 PM) *

Chicago area TV gone by....

http://www.fuzzymemories.tv

Fast becoming my favorite site online.

Wow - wonder if there's a site like that for those of us in our - ahem - silver years. Ray Raynor.....
Dave
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jan 21 2008, 08:45 AM) *

Are you addicted yet? I got hooked quick, watching the first season on DVD after my first child was born.

I think I am. I hear the plan is for 48 more episodes, but only 8 of them are in the can due to the writer's strike.

I speed watched all three seasons, and I'm wondering how they are going to explain some of the stuff on the island, short of "It's magic!" or "It's all a dream!"

Well, the DVR is ready for tonight.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Dave @ Jan 31 2008, 07:17 PM) *

I think I am. I hear the plan is for 48 more episodes, but only 8 of them are in the can due to the writer's strike.

I speed watched all three seasons, and I'm wondering how they are going to explain some of the stuff on the island, short of "It's magic!" or "It's all a dream!"

Well, the DVR is ready for tonight.

They have to have something in mind. After the uproar with the way the Soprano's ended, they have got to be smarter than that.

Last nights episode didn't disappoint.
RedDevilMC
So, who do you think the Oceanic 6 are? It sounds like many stayed on the Island. So far its Jack, Kate and Hurley.

I am so HAPPY it's back on the air.
Southsider2k12
Don't forget one of them is dead, remember the funeral that Jack went, and asked Kate about?
Dave
Hurley was in Locke's group, Jack and Kate weren't, so how do those three end up off the island? Why only six? Much wierdness to come, I'm thinking.

mcstumper
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Feb 1 2008, 10:45 AM) *

Don't forget one of them is dead, remember the funeral that Jack went, and asked Kate about?

I think the dog died.
Dave
Lost is back tonight at 9 p.m. Don't forget to set your recorders!
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 24 2008, 12:48 PM) *

Lost is back tonight at 9 p.m. Don't forget to set your recorders!

Isn't it eight pm CDT? Or is it an odd-ball?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Apr 24 2008, 12:54 PM) *

Isn't it eight pm CDT? Or is it an odd-ball?

I went and looked it up, it is nine tonight... I wonder why they changed it?
Dave
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Apr 24 2008, 02:02 PM) *

I went and looked it up, it is nine tonight... I wonder why they changed it?

Just to mess with us! smile.gif
Southsider2k12
What a great episode!!! i don't want to say too much to spoil it for anyone, but DAYUM!!!
Dave
I hesitated to click on this thread because I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for not spoiling it!

I know some message boards have a spoiler box option. The one time I would have used one, I changed the typeface in my reply to white, so it was necessary to highlight it to really read it. Is that an option on here, Southsider?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 25 2008, 12:45 PM) *

I hesitated to click on this thread because I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for not spoiling it!

I know some message boards have a spoiler box option. The one time I would have used one, I changed the typeface in my reply to white, so it was necessary to highlight it to really read it. Is that an option on here, Southsider?

its out there, but I will have to get the code for it to add it... I will try from home over the weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.