Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My MC Restaurant Experience
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Tim
I was in town early this month for a family event. Ate at many of our local restaurants, including -

Swingbelly's
100 Washington
Hammer's
Shoreline Brewery
Memo's
Bella Bistro
Also Stray Dog in New Buffalo

EVERY restaurant knocked it out of the park, in both food and service. I get home once or twice a year, and as I live in Japan I always look forward to some cooked-in-America restaurant food. Service was just wonderful - hard working men and women who really went the distance to make our visits special. I left town extremely satisfied!

So congrats, hometown - you have some great restaurants!
diggler
Cryin shame you had to miss some other good ones...like Sophies. Dino's is set to open soon on 20.

_
Tim
QUOTE(diggler @ May 5 2017, 07:49 AM) *

Cryin shame you had to miss some other good ones...like Sophies. Dino's is set to open soon on 20.

_

You're right, but I was only there 5 days!

I left off Ihop. The last time I was there, years ago, it was crap food served by women who obviously hated life. It was great! Wonderful breakfast and super service!
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Tim @ May 5 2017, 03:45 PM) *

You're right, but I was only there 5 days!

I left off Ihop. The last time I was there, years ago, it was crap food served by women who obviously hated life. It was great! Wonderful breakfast and super service!
I like eating breakfast at Memo's they always serve large portions. I like their country fried steak plate.
Tim
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ May 7 2017, 07:36 PM) *

I like eating breakfast at Memo's they always serve large portions. I like their country fried steak plate.

I have NEVER had a disappointment at Memo's. It's the first place my family goes to breakfast when I hit town.
taxthedeer
QUOTE(Tim @ May 8 2017, 12:29 AM) *

I have NEVER had a disappointment at Memo's. It's the first place my family goes to breakfast when I hit town.

Just heard of a new restaurant opening soon in Michigan City called "The Polish Peasant". I think it is going to be on Wabash St. by the Lighthouse Mall.
Being of Polish heritage this sounds like a place that is right up my alley. Might have to get a reservation for their grand opening.
Tim
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ May 9 2017, 03:22 PM) *

Just heard of a new restaurant opening soon in Michigan City called "The Polish Peasant". I think it is going to be on Wabash St. by the Lighthouse Mall.
Being of Polish heritage this sounds like a place that is right up my alley. Might have to get a reservation for their grand opening.

Which reminds me -

Couple goes to a restaurant. The following discourse ensues -

Guy: Table for 2, please.

Host: Did you have reservations?

Guy: Yes - but we came anyway.

laugh.gif
taxthedeer
The former King Gyros location on Michigan Boulevard in Eastgate Plaza is now going to be a new Brewhouse and Eatery.

There has been any bars or taverns on Michigan Boulevard since last August when the Bowling Alley closed and before that in Sept. 2015 when the Sand Trap closed after our dear friend Danny Bootcheck passed away.
Tim
QUOTE(taxthedeer @ May 19 2017, 09:51 AM) *

The former King Gyros location on Michigan Boulevard in Eastgate Plaza is now going to be a new Brewhouse and Eatery.

There has been any bars or taverns on Michigan Boulevard since last August when the Bowling Alley closed and before that in Sept. 2015 when the Sand Trap closed after our dear friend Danny Bootcheck passed away.

Once M&M closed up I never went back to the Blvd to eat. (Sad face)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.