Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIPSCO customers still waiting to be restored
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Talk
Southsider2k12
https://www.mdjonline.com/neighbor_newspape...015aa65757.html

Customers in Cedar Lake, Crown Point, Dyer, Gary, Griffith, Hammond, Hebron, Highland, Hobart, Lake Station, LaPorte, Lowell, Merrillville, Michigan City, Munster, Pleasant Lake, Portage, St. John, Schererville, Valparaiso and Wheeler may not see power restored until midnight Tuesday.

Snowfall totals for the storm late Sunday into Monday ranged from trace amounts to 3.3 inches at one location in Valparaiso, according to the National Weather Service.

NIPSCO said its employees have been working 24/7, with assistance from outside crews and resources, to repair damage caused by downed lines and broken poles and equipment.

NIPSCO said it's fully focused on any remaining repairs, but this part of the restoration process typically takes the most time.

During the restoration process, crews first repairs large transmission and distribution lines that supply electricity to large numbers of customers. Repairs to lines serving fewer customers can't be made until larger lines are fixed, the company said.
Dave
My power was out for an hour or two this morning -- obviously back on now.

Anyone ever try to send NIPSCO feedback via their website's feedback form? It seems to be designed to frustrate customers and fail at its purpose.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Dave @ Dec 14 2018, 07:32 AM) *

My power was out for an hour or two this morning -- obviously back on now.

Anyone ever try to send NIPSCO feedback via their website's feedback form? It seems to be designed to frustrate customers and fail at its purpose.

Sounds like someone might have took out a power pole around Cleveland and 20?
Dave
QUOTE(Southsider2k12 @ Dec 14 2018, 12:46 PM) *

Sounds like someone might have took out a power pole around Cleveland and 20?

I have no idea what caused it, but I'm in Elston Grove. Would a line down at 20 take out power here without turning off half the city? I could see the lights were off for blocks, but I don't know how far it went.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.