Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Michigan City pictures thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Southsider2k12
Click to view attachment
Ang
I took this just before I moved away. One of my favs. I have it as my desktop on my puter at work
ChickenCityRoller
a couple pics from "that" storm.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
ChickenCityRoller
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Southsider2k12
The picture of the damage at the Pullman building is incredible with the lightning in the backround. I'll have to post some of my "Not a Tornado" of '06 pictures.
ChickenCityRoller
Hey Southsider, I tried to send you an email. Did you go to St. Paul's?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(ChickenCityRoller @ Jan 13 2007, 10:43 PM) *

Hey Southsider, I tried to send you an email. Did you go to St. Paul's?

An email didn't go through?

I did go to SP class of 88.
Southsider2k12
I got some really cool pictures of the ice shelf and lighthouse yesterday up at the Washington Park. I have to get them onto my computer at home so I can post them.
Southsider2k12
As promised, my pics from the lake yesterday. The first one is my personal fav, because it shows how hard the wind was blowing. The snow was blasted into the sand, and not on top of it.

As for the rest the shelf-ice was built up to about 3-4 feet in most spots, and there was an interesting out crop off to the east side of the park beach.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Southsider2k12
Some new pics from today...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

TSNSPYDER
Great shots of the lighthouse. I'm a SP grad of '78. Feel free to post other pics of MC, I haven't been back there since the mid 80's.
Max Main
Cool photos.
Jank
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentI take thousands of pictures for the City of Michigan City every year. Some of them are posted in the scrapbooks at emichigancity.com. I'm attaching a few of my favorites...the first two were taken by a friend of ours, and I took the other two.
Ang
Jank--Beautiful pics. I especially like the one with Chicago on the horizon. Thanks for posting them and welcome to the site!!!
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ May 2 2007, 12:17 PM) *

Jank--Beautiful pics. I especially like the one with Chicago on the horizon. Thanks for posting them and welcome to the site!!!

yeah, no doubt, having taken my amatuer shots, I am very impressed by your work!
Jank
Thanks...on both counts!

I stumbled on this site earlier today, and I was impressed to see that there are nearly 300 members. I've read a lot of the postings and have enjoyed my time on the site.

I'm a self-employed marketing and community relations consultant; my largest client is the City of Michigan City, but I also work with non-profits, contractors, health care professionals, bed & breakfasts, and for-profit businesses.

While I work for the mayor (Sheila Brillson and Chuck Oberlie), I speak only for myself. Working with the city for six years now, I've learned much about local government that I'd never known before. It's been a wonderful education for me, and the result has been that I've had the opportunity to become really involved with the community - on a level I had previously never even thought about. I strongly encourage people to get involved with community groups. You'll see the "inner workings" of government and non-profits and be more aware of how things happen...or don't happen.

Consider this...would you apply for, strive for, work hard to get a job and then do your darndest to do poorly at it? Few if any would do that. Would you work so hard to get a job that demanded an almost 24/7 availability of your time and involvement? Few would. Would you strive to get a job that almost guaranteed that you would be the target of misinformation, rants, and outright lies about your abilities, your efforts, your achievements, your very character? Again, few would.

I don't remember who said it first, but..."just because it's written in a newspaper or a book or on the internet...or spoken on a radio or a television...doesn't mean it's true."
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Jank @ May 2 2007, 01:27 PM) *

Consider this...would you apply for, strive for, work hard to get a job and then do your darndest to do poorly at it? Few if any would do that. Would you work so hard to get a job that demanded an almost 24/7 availability of your time and involvement? Few would. Would you strive to get a job that almost guaranteed that you would be the target of misinformation, rants, and outright lies about your abilities, your efforts, your achievements, your very character? Again, few would.

I don't remember who said it first, but..."just because it's written in a newspaper or a book or on the internet...or spoken on a radio or a television...doesn't mean it's true."

That is a very good statement, and I one took to heart last year. To really make things change, it has to begin with you. That's why I determined to get involved in City life last year. That's why I ran for office, that's why I joined the board of trustees at the YMCA, and that's why I created this message board. I don't care about getting recognized, or even as much elected. I care about making life better for people, just as there were people who worked hard to get me to the place I am today.
Jank
Ghandi said, "Be the changes you wish to see."
I do my best to live up to that challenge and have always encouraged my children to follow that same path.
I am frequently "the boat rocker" - the person who asks the unspoken/uncomfortable questions. Stimulating conversation often leads to new thoughts, ideas, concepts, and ACTION. I have sat in too many meetings where there is far too much talk and too little action taken. I strive to make something happen.

People like you who get involved with the community - on any level - are to be commended. There simply aren't enough people willing to expend their time and energies to do more than complain about things.

An example: The library has a perpetual waiting list of almost 80 people who have requested literacy skills training. The library continually seeks volunteers to become tutors...and has even tried to PAY people to become literacy tutors. NO takers. This is a common situation throughout NW Indiana regarding literacy - as well as most other organizations which depend on volunteers. Some schools and service organizations require their members/students to complete 'x' number of hours as a volunteer in the community - a program which is awesome - but it just isn't enough.

Just another of my many soapboxes.
Southsider2k12
Yeah, you should fit in really nicely around here. We all have our soapboxes smile.gif
Ang
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ May 3 2007, 07:14 AM) *

Yeah, you should fit in really nicely around here. We all have our soapboxes smile.gif

Most definitely!!
Roger Kaputnik
What's new?
Southsider2k12
I have some recent pics from the zoo, I will have to try to get up this weekend.
Roger Kaputnik
Looking forward to it.
Ang
Here's some of the pics I took while in town on vacation...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

I let the kids bury me in the sand
Roger Kaputnik
It looks like you had a good trip.
Ang
Yeah. And I can't wait to get back. I just wandered around aimlessly yesterday. It was awful. I'm back to work today so that will help. I have a pile of work on my desk so I should be VERY busy for the next few days. But, I still can't help wishing I were still there.
Southsider2k12
Click to view attachment

So I got it pointed out to me that I haven't updated pictures in a while, so here are somethings from over the summer. Enjoy!

Ang
Right On!!! I love the skyline. It looks so HUGE. I downloaded that one into my MC Pictures folder and had to show everyone in the office. Thanks for posting that one!
Southsider2k12

QUOTE(Ang @ Oct 10 2007, 10:05 AM) *

Right On!!! I love the skyline. It looks so HUGE. I downloaded that one into my MC Pictures folder and had to show everyone in the office. Thanks for posting that one!

I have a nice Chicago connection in my family so I have a soft spot for it, not to mention I do work there. My grandparents on my moms side, and great grandparents on my dads side were from there.

Here is another one from the day of the fireworks of the orginal lighthouse with the sun behind it.

Click to view attachment
Roger Kaputnik
nice
The_Mikester
I was up in Indiana in late September to help my older daughter move back home. I rented a car and came up to MC for a night. The weather was great and it was really nice to see that MC made a nature trail/preserve out of the Ruby woods. When I was a kid my back yard was up against the woods and I have a lot of fond memories of it... Here is the chimney that was back there. Now there is a trail up to it. How about dat?
Roger Kaputnik
I am glad to see that Mrs. Cllinton has finally confronted one of Bill's tramps!
The_Mikester
It's like a soul-picture! Just one of her better ones I think....
Roger Kaputnik
Could anyone give help on uploading photos?
Ang
If the pic is on your computer:

Go to "add reply"
Scroll down to File Attachments and click the browse button
Navigate through your files until you find the picture you want to upload and double click it.
Click "Add this Attachment" button
The page will refresh and you will see your attachement under the browse button. Next to that will be a button that says, "Add into post" Click that.
The attachement will be added into your post wherever your cursor is. So, put your cursor in the post where you want the attachment to be before you click "add into post"
When the attachment is in the post you will see something like this:

[attachment98]

Then click "add reply" The attachment will convert into a little picture like The Mikester's post above that you have to click on to see a larger image.

If the pic is online, like photobucket or something:

Go to "add reply"
Click on the little tree icon at the top of the text window.
Paste the url of the pic you want to post and click okay.
That will put the pic directly into your post like how CCR does it.

Roger Kaputnik
That just does not work...
Ang
Someone will have to bring a laptop to the meet & greet with internet access and we can give a tutorial of the board so people can learn how to do various things.
I don't know why it's not working for you. I'm sure you're following the directions and I don't think I missed a step or anything.

CALLING ALL LAPTOP OWNERS
If anyone has a laptop that can access the internet and you are planning to attend the meet & greet, please bring it with you so the Admin team can give tutorials of board functions.

Thank you.
Tim
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 16 2008, 01:17 PM) *

Could anyone give help on uploading photos?

Ang's thing reads like stereo instructions! biggrin.gif

The easiest thing to do is open an account at Photobucket - upload a photo - copy the image code and paste it into your message and VOILA!

Done.
Tim
QUOTE(Ang @ Jan 16 2008, 01:34 PM) *

If the pic is on your computer:

Go to "add reply"
Scroll down to File Attachments and click the browse button
Navigate through your files until you find the picture you want to upload and double click it.
Click "Add this Attachment" button
The page will refresh and you will see your attachement under the browse button. Next to that will be a button that says, "Add into post" Click that.
The attachement will be added into your post wherever your cursor is. So, put your cursor in the post where you want the attachment to be before you click "add into post"
When the attachment is in the post you will see something like this:

[attachment98]

Then click "add reply" The attachment will convert into a little picture like The Mikester's post above that you have to click on to see a larger image.
If the pic is online, like photobucket or something:

Go to "add reply"
Click on the little tree icon at the top of the text window.
Paste the url of the pic you want to post and click okay.
That will put the pic directly into your post like how CCR does it.

Ang - this is a photo from my birthday party at Sullivan's on 12/22 - it's from my Photobucket account - you have to paste the IMAGE CODE - not the url. If you post the url it'll look like the thing under the pic.

You may have a drug problem. Your posts have just been - odd lately. biggrin.gif

IPB Image

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/Itwalkswithin/l2.jpg
Max Main
Is that John and Paul?
Tim
QUOTE(Max Main @ Jan 18 2008, 02:11 PM) *

Is that John and Paul?

Why yes - yes it is.
Roger Kaputnik
I tried to add some nice photos I have of MC but it just does not work.
Marram
SSider:

The third photo you posted on March 11, 2007 is awe-inspiring. For the lake to be that calm, and the sky to match the lake so precisely... Yes, I know I'm a behind the times, but I wanted to comment on that photo, point it out so that a few other people blow it up and look at it, and let you know I am using it for my desktop wallpaper at school. I hope I don't owe you any residuals.
ChickenCityRoller

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

ChickenCityRoller

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Ang
the last one would make a nice entry for the logo contest
ChickenCityRoller
IPB Image
Southsider2k12
That is great photography.
ChickenCityRoller
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Jul 14 2008, 09:47 AM) *
That is great photography.

Hey thanks! No photoshopping either aside from some resizing.

ChickenCityRoller
one from last night's 4th on the 13th fireworks

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.