Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RAVE:The Oriental Pearl
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Southsider2k12
One of my favorite places to eat in MC, The Oriental Pearl has the best Chinese food around this area in my opinion. The owner of the shop is wonderfully personable, and she has a photographic memory. If you visit even on a semi-regular basis, she will pick up the likes and dislikes you have of how to prepare your food. I like to get the tomato pepper beef and chicken's and she knows I like the meat better than the veggies, so she always makes sure to get me extra meat in my food. Another good thing about the place is that the owner is closed on Monday's and uses that time to go up to ChinaTown in Chicago to get fresh ingrediants. All food is prepared on the spot, nothing is premade. A definate high recommendation comes from me!
Roger Kaputnik
Oriental Pearl is excellent. Ditto all the good remarks about the owner. I have never had a bad meal there, but one: I did not care for the General's chicken. Other than that, all is good.
starbeanieTOO
YES I heard it was good as well
Max Main
I have eaten good food from China one--especially good is the new Chicken with Pineapple sauce.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.