Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MC's best Christmas shopping spots
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Southsider2k12
For something a little different today, where are your favorite places to do Christmas shopping in our hometown?

JHeath
Kabelins, Menards, and Carsons have all been great for us this year.
Roger Kaputnik
Hmmmm...

I was shopping because I do not have a winter coat and did not find what I wanted; there was one coat at CarsonPS but it was made in China.
Ang

I was shopping because I do not have a winter coat and did not find what I wanted; there was one coat at CarsonPS but it was made in China.

Don't buy it!!! It's probably full of lead and will electrocute you if it gets wet!!!

My fav places (when I lived in MC) were Big Lots & Walnart (for the kids) and the mall. I love all the kiosks with their holiday items. I would spend hours looking all around at everything, then decide what I wanted to buy and make a second trip around spending money.
JHeath
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Nov 30 2007, 09:28 AM) *

Hmmmm...

Try JCP or Meijer. Or just wait for a really good sale.
Roger Kaputnik
I just put my fleece jacket in my other jacket like a liner, and it is fairly warm. Too frustrated to shop more. The Mall, by the way, was not busy at all. My beloved said that it may just have been that it was an evening in the middle of the week.
Tim
QUOTE(Ang @ Nov 30 2007, 09:41 AM) *

Don't buy it!!! It's probably full of lead and will electrocute you if it gets wet!!!

My fav places (when I lived in MC) were Big Lots & Walnart (for the kids) and the mall. I love all the kiosks with their holiday items. I would spend hours looking all around at everything, then decide what I wanted to buy and make a second trip around spending money.

Walnart? Isn't that wher the old K-Nart was?

biggrin.gif
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Tim @ Dec 2 2007, 02:57 AM) *

Walnart? Isn't that wher the old K-Nart was?

biggrin.gif

Its just around the cormer from there. laugh.gif
Roger Kaputnik
Very fummy.
Ang
You guys are crackimg ne up!!!
Roger Kaputnik
Sane here!
Dave
QUOTE(southsider2k7 @ Dec 2 2007, 01:44 PM) *

Its just around the cormer from there. laugh.gif

Along the South Shore line? biggrin.gif

IPB Image
Ang
Isn't that an actual house on Washington Blvd?
Southsider2k12
Washington and 9th St IIRC. It is my favorite house in all of MC. I love the classic look.
Ang
That's what I was thinking. Isn't it a bunch of offices now? I'm thinking the phsych. Dr. Katz is in there--or is she farther up the street?
Southsider2k12
I don't think that is a place of business, but I could be wrong. I think the place you are thinking of it between 10th and 11th on Washington.
Ang
Yeah, maybe your right. I was thinking it was closer to Marquette HS
JHeath
It's definitely a private residence. I know the owners wink.gif if you'd like to meet them sometime. (No, I don't own it.)
Dave
Yeah, the house is at 7th & Pine, and I happen to know the owners as well! smile.gif
Ang
QUOTE(Dave @ Dec 4 2007, 04:11 PM) *

Yeah, the house is at 7th & Pine, and I happen to know the owners as well! smile.gif

A little birdie told me it's your house.
Southsider2k12
Maybe we should get back to shopping spots instead of stalking each other? laugh.gif

Anyways, I think my favorite spot in two would be True Value and Carson's Christmas departments, too bad they are so early in getting everything out! I can't think about Christmas in August!
Roger Kaputnik
I have a hard time thinking about it until Dec. 20.
JHeath
I'm in Hannukah mode...we do both in our house, and tonight is the first night. My kids are so psyched!
Roger Kaputnik
I thought it started at sundown last night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.