Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CBTL: Catch-all Anything thread
City by the Lake.org, The Voice of Michigan City, Indiana > City by the lake > City Living
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Ang
At this point, no. But the skies have been cloudy and gray for the past couple days so we could get dumped on at any time, or we might not. The wind is picking up and the temps dropped drastically over yesterday.
Weather's not calling for snow till Monday, but that doesn't mean much either. At least not out here on the range. laugh.gif

((constructive))
Southsider2k12
along the same vein... we have had a beautiful Indian Summer here. What a great weather week.
Ang
The weather here has been beautiful too the past week or so, up till today. sad.gif
Roger Kaputnik
The weather changed here at lunchtime. On the radio, I heard that the Black Hills may get 4-5 feet!

((evocative))
JHeath
Wow, with all of the foreign language lessons I'm getting in the Miller Pizza Thread, I thought this might be a helpful tool: free online translator

((enjoy))
Roger Kaputnik
You have to be careful about those kind of translators because they may go word-for-word but get the wrong sense. F'rinstance, on the Parks Dept. sign at Ruby Wood, the translation for Wood was given and put on the sign as Madera. This means Lumber. The right word would have been Bosque. I think they have changed the sign since then.

((yapock))
Roger Kaputnik
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7772902.stm

Low-graphics:

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools...772902.stm?ad=1

IPB Image Chinese girl gets 'kiss of deaf' A young Chinese woman was left partially deaf following a passionate kiss from her boyfriend.

The 20-something from Zhuhai in Guangdong province arrived at hospital having completely lost the hearing in her left ear, said local reports.

The incident prompted a series of articles in the local media warning of the dangers of excessive kissing.

"While kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution," wrote the China Daily.

The doctor who treated the girl in hospital was quoted in the paper explaining what had happened.

"The kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear."

The chorus of warnings was echoed by the Shanghai Daily, which wrote: "A strong kiss may cause an imbalance in the air pressure between two inner ears and lead to a broken ear drum."

The young woman is expected to regain her full hearing within about two months.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/asia...fic/7772902.stm

Published: 2008/12/09 11:17:03 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
Print Sponsor

BBC.adverts.write("printableversionsponsorship"); BBC.adverts.show("printableversionsponsorship");

((knockwurst))
CaddyRich
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Dec 9 2008, 12:39 PM) *

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7772902.stm
Low-graphics:

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools...772902.stm?ad=1

IPB Image Chinese girl gets 'kiss of deaf' A young Chinese woman was left partially deaf following a passionate kiss from her boyfriend.

The 20-something from Zhuhai in Guangdong province arrived at hospital having completely lost the hearing in her left ear, said local reports.

The incident prompted a series of articles in the local media warning of the dangers of excessive kissing.

"While kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution," wrote the China Daily.

The doctor who treated the girl in hospital was quoted in the paper explaining what had happened.

"The kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear."

The chorus of warnings was echoed by the Shanghai Daily, which wrote: "A strong kiss may cause an imbalance in the air pressure between two inner ears and lead to a broken ear drum."

The young woman is expected to regain her full hearing within about two months.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/asia...fic/7772902.stm

Published: 2008/12/09 11:17:03 GMT

© BBC MMVIII
Print Sponsor

BBC.adverts.write("printableversionsponsorship"); BBC.adverts.show("printableversionsponsorship");
((knockwurst))

I...I got nothin'.

((traction))
Roger Kaputnik
Me, I want to see an mri of her eustachians!

((nutria))
Southsider2k12
There is nothing quite like the entire family on Amoxicilin to make the holidays bright... dry.gif
Ang
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOUTHSIDER!!

((applause))
JHeath
QUOTE(Ang @ Dec 12 2008, 10:59 AM) *

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOUTHSIDER!!
((applause))

Ditto.
((enjoy))
Roger Kaputnik
Best wishes on your New Year! Congrats!!

((yeti))
Southsider2k12
Thanks gang, I had a great one!
Southsider2k12
So what does everyone think of the smooth new user name smile.gif
Ang
LOL!!

I noticed that! You just kinda slid that one in there, huh?
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Jan 9 2009, 09:38 AM) *

LOL!!

I noticed that! You just kinda slid that one in there, huh?

I was thinking of going with something a little more City-esque, but I have been stumped. Any ideas from the peanut gallery?
Roger Kaputnik
Does that mean you gave up on the Sox?

Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Roger Kaputnik @ Jan 9 2009, 09:56 AM) *

Does that mean you gave up on the Sox?

NEVER! I've still got my southsider2k5 (celebrating that WORLD SERIES TITLE) moniker on my White Sox site. That one will never die. I also have appropriate names on the other team sites as well. The MC site is the only one I don't have a name that fits right.
Ang
But we all know you and love you as Southsider, or SSder, or Ssider, or whatever our personal preference to abbreviate.

Personally, I don't think you should change it. Just change the year all the time if you want variety.

Just my opinion.
ph34r.gif
Michelle
At first when I saw the name change, I thought you might have a twin (possibly an evil one?). I'm relieved to know it's still you smile.gif
IndyTransplant
Does anyone know which group won the chili cook off at the park lighting in December? As a new resident, I attended that event (despite the cold) and enjoyed tasting all of the varieties of chili. Unfortunately I have not seen the results in the paper. Did I miss it?
Anyway if anyone knows who won, please post. I am curious.
BTW LOL at me complaining about the cold that night - it is 18 below this morning!
Southsider2k12
Happy Birthday Dave cool.gif
Dave
QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Jan 29 2009, 06:59 PM) *

Happy Birthday Dave cool.gif

Another day older and deeper in debt....
Michelle
Happy birthday!
Roger Kaputnik
Best wishes!
Ang
Hippo Birdie Two Ewes
Ang
WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?

This place is like a morgue!
Ang
Hellooooo.......

Is this thing on?
Southsider2k12
I got stuck at home yesterday with a sick kid. Ugh.
Ang
OMG!! This is so funny and I want to share it with guys...

My daughter gets up this morning and says she had a weird dream last night. She said that the kitty was drinking out of the toilet and she told it to stop. The cat jumps down and this little brown hand comes up out of the toilet and grabs the side of the bowl followed by another brown hand. Then Barak Obama pulled himself up and was hanging off the side of the bowl and started talking to her. He was teeny tiny and swimming in our toilet. He told her she should join him, the water felt good and it was nice and cool. She said she was too big and he said that he could make her smaller if she wanted. She said no, she was okay, and she said they just sat there and talked, her on the floor cross-legged next to the toilet and him hanging off the edge of the bowl, like he was in a swimming pool or something.

Very strange. I was cracking up.
mcstumper
QUOTE(Ang @ Mar 26 2009, 10:18 AM) *

OMG!! This is so funny and I want to share it with guys...

My daughter gets up this morning and says she had a weird dream last night. She said that the kitty was drinking out of the toilet and she told it to stop. The cat jumps down and this little brown hand comes up out of the toilet and grabs the side of the bowl followed by another brown hand. Then Barak Obama pulled himself up and was hanging off the side of the bowl and started talking to her. He was teeny tiny and swimming in our toilet. He told her she should join him, the water felt good and it was nice and cool. She said she was too big and he said that he could make her smaller if she wanted. She said no, she was okay, and she said they just sat there and talked, her on the floor cross-legged next to the toilet and him hanging off the edge of the bowl, like he was in a swimming pool or something.

Very strange. I was cracking up.

I'd like to talk with you about aquiring the movie rights...
Ang
QUOTE(mcstumper @ Mar 26 2009, 09:35 PM) *

I'd like to talk with you about aquiring the movie rights...

PM me
laugh.gif
Ang
Ok. I just have to throw this out there:

Theresa in the Child Support office and Sharon in the Clerk's Office TOTALLY ROCK!

If anyone knows these ladies, please tell them I posted this here! I've told them they rock, but I want everyone else to know, too!
Ang
Mel Gibson is getting a divorce!!

Can i be the first in line to console him? wub.gif
Michelle
QUOTE(Ang @ Apr 13 2009, 12:20 PM) *

Help yourself smile.gif Now if Jake Gyllenhaal somehow came back into play...no, I still wouldn't have a chance. sad.gif
Ang
Yeah, well if I WAS the first in line, he probably wouldn't see me anyway.

Just wishful thinking.....

*sigh*
Dave
QUOTE(Ang @ Apr 13 2009, 12:20 PM) *

One might notice that it's his wife who filed for the divorce, not Mel.

From what I've read, Mel has some issues....
Ang
Yeah.

Actually, I was watching Access Hollywood at lunch today and they did a piece on it. Very disappointing if what they say is true.

*heavy sigh*

I guess I'd divorce him, too.
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Dave @ Apr 14 2009, 12:37 PM) *

One might notice that it's his wife who filed for the divorce, not Mel.

From what I've read, Mel has some issues....

The Jewish cop says "Hi!" ph34r.gif
JHeath
QUOTE(southsider2k9 @ Apr 14 2009, 02:35 PM) *

The Jewish cop says "Hi!" ph34r.gif

laugh.gif you stole my line...
Dave
I came across a great website today:

http://www.gethuman.com

Ever want to bypass a company's phone system and talk directly to a real human? Look the company up on that website and it gives instructions on getting to a person instead of jumping through their menu system.

Gotta love the internet!
Ang
I just went over 3000 posts!!

Now I officially spend WAY too much time here.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Ang
Oh, by the way...

This is our weather today.

IPB Image

I am SO ready to come home!
Southsider2k12
It is supposed to be near 70 here! I won't know what to do!
Ang
Ssshhhhh....

You're makin' me cry!
sad.gif
Southsider2k12
QUOTE(Ang @ Apr 17 2009, 10:30 AM) *

Ssshhhhh....

You're makin' me cry!
sad.gif

Well I can cheer you up by saying I read that this has been something like the 10th coldest winter in Chicago history out of about 140.
Ang
Hey Guess what?

It's snowing!

Yesterday it was in the upper 70's. I wore capris and flip-flops to work.
Today it's in the lower 30's, there is about 2 inches of snow and it's still coming down. I am wearing jeans, a sweater and boots.

How crazy is that?
IndyTransplant
QUOTE(Ang @ Apr 24 2009, 11:51 AM) *
Hey Guess what?

It's snowing!

Yesterday it was in the upper 70's. I wore capris and flip-flops to work.
Today it's in the lower 30's, there is about 2 inches of snow and it's still coming down. I am wearing jeans, a sweater and boots.

How crazy is that?

Come home. According to the thermometer I took out to our balcony (no sun), it is 78 degrees here, sunny and gorgeous! smile.gif

I don't want to work the rest of today mad.gif

Ang
QUOTE(IndyTransplant @ Apr 24 2009, 11:08 AM) *

Come home. According to the thermometer I took out to our balcony (no sun), it is 78 degrees here, sunny and gorgeous! smile.gif

I don't want to work the rest of today mad.gif

All my worldy possessions (except for what will fit in my car) are currently on a Budget rental truck and should be halfway to Nebraska by now. 30 days from now at the same time as I write this, I should be halfway THROUGH Nebraska. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.